Friday, September 5, 2008

Thirty by 30


As you know I am only 25, but there are some things I want to do before I am thirty--not because I think thirty is the end of anything, but because it is a good "mile marker" and an excuse to do some things that I've always wanted. Plus, Sara Patterson gave me the idea and I think she is great! :)

In no particular order...

1. Go back and stay at our honeymoon suite for at least 3 day and 3 nights...just because.

2. Eat Ethiopian food.

3. Have a Vitek's Gut Bomb.

4. Workout at least 3 times a week starting...now. :)

5. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (This one is so that Marc will quit bugging me!) :)

6. Get involved in a women's bible study.

7. Lose 25 lbs. of fat.

8. Move back to the Midwest.

9. Have a baby. (But this one will happen much closer to thirty!)

10. See the Grand Canyon.

11. Go on a roadtrip/vacation with Sean and Theresa (and their little bundle!).

12. Learn to knit.

13. Make a quilt.

14. Read the entire Bible (kind of sad that I haven't done it yet...).

15. Read one book a week for a year.

16. Preach a sermon.

17. Get another tattoo.

18. See a game in the new Yankee's Stadium.

19. See Wicked on Broadway.

20. Run a mile in under 10 minutes (this may not seem like a big goal to some of you, but...).

21. Take a yoga class.

22. Bake a cheesecake (Sean, I may be calling for help on this one).

23. Find a mentor.

24. Grow something from a seed (once again, this may not seem hard to some of you...).

25. Write one note to a friend a week for a year.

26. Learn the basics of web design and upkeep.

27. Get up to watch the sunrise (at the risk of sounding like a broken record, this may not seem hard, but...).

28. Go camping.

29. Take a class.

30. Scrapbook our life in Waco.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for having set those goals. Some of them create more excitement and anticipation than others for me personally. Those would be #8 and #9. I am willing to wait for both. Having you move back to the Midwest and seeing you and Marc more often would be my heart's desire. Of course, holding a grandbaby would be totally awesome, too. I know that we have to wait, but.....
Some of the other goals sound interesting and fun as well. They may not be something I would do myself, but you are your own person. Power to you!!!
Love you, Mom :-)

Sara said...

Rock on! What's the gut bomb?

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails