Monday, March 23, 2009

Silence with my friend

I love this quote from Henri Nouwen.

"A friend is more than a therapist or a confessor, even though a friend can sometimes heal us and offer us God's forgiveness. A friend is that other person with whom we can share our solitude, our silence, and our prayer. A friend is that other person with whom we can look at a tree and say, 'Isn't that beautiful,' or sit on the beach and silently watch the sun disappear under the horizon. With a friend we don't have to say or do something special. With a friend we can be still and know that God is there with both of us."

I think I need to be better at accepting silence from all my friends. This quote is a good reminder that we minister to others in our silence as well as our speech.


I had one of those moments with Marco a few weeks ago when we drove over an hour to a little church in Iredell, Texas so he could preach there. We had such a blessed time of silence together enjoying the countryside and the beautiful redbuds. Here are a few photos.


Marc, thanks for that Sunday a few weeks ago when we were in hill country. What a beautiful time of silence we shared. I love you.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails