Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Diaper Cake Tutorial

Want to make a diaper cake? Cool!

Here is how I did it.

Step 1:
Buy some diapers. You can buy fun looking diapers like I did, or the plain white kind.
Then lay them out like this.



Step 2:
Starting at 1 end of the stack, begin to curl it around on itself. This part is hard to explain. Here is what the bottom layer looks like (in case you are visual like me).


Step 3:
Place a rubber band around the entire outside of the swirl. After you get the rubber band on you can adjust the diapers to make them even and make the circle look a little better.


Step 4:
Make two more layers. This is probably obvious, but the less diapers, the smaller the layer.


Step 5:
Grab some ribbon that coordinates with your shower theme. I chose plain pink and then a polka dot pink for my top layer of ribbon.


Step 6:
Wrap the ribbon around the cake and glue it.


Step 7:
Make a great cake topper. I made some washcloth flowers and used some ribbon to finish it off.



Here is the finished product!


I just stacked the layers with nothing holding them together. It was easy to transport to the shower, and easy for the Mommy-to-be to take home!



Here are some pics from the shower. I used some of the baby clothes that she has already received as decorations. A little jute twine and some clothespins made for super easy (and FREE!) decor.





Here is little Lynne and her Mom!


The cake was a big hit!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails