Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Puppies and Kitties (and other cliches)

Here are my little Scotty dogs. :) Aren't they cute?!




The other night on the way home from Dianna's house my headlights happened upon this cute little creature.


He was just sitting in the middle of the road all huddled up and pitiful looking. I couldn't resist. I got out of the car. I was certain that he would run. He didn't. I picked him up.

And then I fell in love with his cute little face. The poor guy had a nasty kitty cold so I didn't want him around Oscar, but I thought that Melanie (Dianna's roommate) might know what to do with him. Melanie is a kitten expert and often fosters kitties from the Humane Society until they are adoption-ready.

When I arrived at Dianna's, Melanie wasn't there. But Dianna and I weighed the little stinker and he was only 1 1/2 lbs! We knew he would get fostered if we brought him to the Humane Society drop off, so we did. We even left a little note with where we found him. I am certain he was a stray kitten. He was the stinkiest cat I have ever smelled. Seriously. The next day my car stunk. But he was very cute and had no mommy in sight. And I knew if I left him there he would get hit by a car that didn't see him.


Besides the kitty cold he was very alert and sweet. He will make somebody a great little companion once he gets a little bigger (and a little less sniffly). Thanks, Dianna!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails