Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Well, we are back in the great state of Texas, and back in the saddle again at our jobs. While Texas truly is a great state, it is not always a state I want to live in. At least half of the year it is too hot for comfort. But I must say that the other half of the year almost makes up for it, at least at this point in our lives. But I digress...

This weekend, some of you may know, Marc and I headed off to Kansas to meet up with my parents in Wichita. It is the halfway point between Waco and Sioux Falls. We stayed at a great Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed wonderful times of fellowship and, of course, a little crafting! The Yankees made it to the World Series, so while the boys watched the Yanks, Mom and I crafted and dreamed up fun projects. We even have one really great project currently "in the works." It is a collaboration between the two of us and it is a fun and creative gift for someone we love a whole lot. Can you guess what it is or who it is for?

Well, you'll just have to wait for that answer! Christmas is coming soon my friends -a thought I often repeat to myself like a mantra - after all, Christmas is our CRAZY season at work.

Here are some pictures from the weekend!




Getting ready to leave for Wichita (with my handmade scarf)!



On the road we did our usual cheap Panderson food from the cooler in the back. Saves money and you get mini-picnics!



Sustenance. :)



On Saturday, Mom and I crafted it up! While out purchasing crafty stuff for our big project, we also picked up some tulle to make a sweet little tutu for my Belle.



Here is a close up. It is a lilac color.



Dad's CPAP mask broke at around midnight on Saturday night. So Mom and I came to the rescue with a quick trip to Walmart (don't judge me, people, it was for my Dad) and a little electrical tape. As you can see he definitely missed some important beauty sleep, but was really no worse for the wear. :)



On Sunday, we went to the zoo in Wichita. What a great zoo! Here is the orangutan. Seeing him definitely was eye opening. It led to some great conversations about evolution; if you want to know what I think you will have to ask me some other time. Needless to say I was shocked to actually watch him up close and see all his "humanoid" mannerisms.



Here is a chimp chilling on a platform. He was totally taking a sunbath!



Poor chimp with a hair-loss problem. By looking at this picture you can also see why we had lots of evolution discussions while in the zoo.



Wallaby! This cute little guy was just basking in the sun on the side of the path we were walking around. He wasn't even in a cage (just an enclosed huge pen that we could walk through). I could have touched him, but I didn't want him to bite me and all that fun stuff.



This may just be the cutest meerkat EVER. I wanted to kiss his (or her, I didn't get a good look) face.



Yep, we fed giraffes. I even petted him! He was a sweetie. For anyone wondering, it was like petting a horse.



Here I am feeding the baby. :)



Marc, acting weird on Sunday afternoon (insert feigned surprise).



Here we are holding the tutu I made for my little Belle! It is lilac with dark purple ribbons. More photos will follow, I'm sure!

All in all it was a great trip! I'm just sad we have to be back in reality. :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

that tutu is so cute! good job!

Anonymous said...

Guess what???? I only live about two hours north of Wichita!!! Maybe someday you and Theresa (and Belle) can rendezvous with in Manhattan!!!!! Or she could come here and we could ride together to Wichita.

Me like!!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails