Thursday, November 26, 2009

It is catch up day!

A few weeks ago I started a sourdough bread starter. It went well, or so I thought. Here are some photos of my adventure into the art of bread making.

One day, I came home from work to a starter that was literally oozing out of the container. Cute, huh?





So I knew it was time to make some bread. I followed the directions and got this. And only this. It never rose. Sad. Needless to say, I still tried baking it. It made a nice doorstop...



I'm going to try making a starter again, but this time I'm trying another method. I'll let you know how it goes this time around. I am cautiously optimistic.

This probably isn't what you normally see when you ask your husband to crack open that bottle of wine, is it?



We weren't into wine when we got married, so we never have had a good bottle opener. We used our neighbor's bottle opener, but their opener was plastic and broke, leaving the spiral corkscrew stuck in the cork.

After several tries, we finally headed over to our friend's apartment for some help. It was great wine. It was a sparkling Moscato. Yum!

In other news, I crossed another thing off my Thirty by 30 list! I ate a Vitek's Gut Pak. It was amazing. Mom and Dad, we need to take you there when you come in December. It is great! Almost like Bob's Cafe, but more BBQish than fried chicken. I can't wait!



Thanks for putting up with my catch-up. We need to get to bed. Tomorrow morning is going to be an early one. We are going to do the Early Bird sale at Target to try and get a good deal on a TomTom. Wish us luck!

Oh! I also finished the quilt. I need to take a good picture during the daylight and I'll post it here. Another Thirty by 30!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails