Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Book Review: The Vigilante's Bride



The Vigilante's Bride
, by Yvonne Harris tells the story of Emily McCarthy and her journey to the Montana Territory to marry a man she has never met. When her stagecoach is robbed and she is abducted, the last thing she expected was that her abductor would also save her from a loveless marriage. Luke Sullivan knew he had to reclaim his inheritance and robbing the coach seemed the only way to do it, he just hadn't expected to end up with a abductee in the process. But he couldn't just allow Emily to marry Bart Axel, a notorious rogue. So he did what he could, he kidnapped her and took her back to his home, New Hope, a home for orphans.

Emily merges easily into life at the orphanage, helping with the children. But when she starts to fall for Luke, she realizes just how dangerous it is making Bart Axel jealous. I don't want to give away the good parts!

I enjoyed this book but I didn't feel like it had much substance in regards to faith. That was disappointing to me. For this reason, I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Good book, but it could be better.

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Bethany House Book Publishers.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails