Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Book Review: Within My Heart


Within My Heart
, a fiction book by Tamera Alexander, tells the story of Rachel Boyd, a young widow struggling to stay afloat as the now-sole owner of a ranch in the Colorado Rockies. On top of keeping the ranch afloat, Rachel is also struggling to raise her two boys. When circumstances lead her to the town physician, Rand Brookston, she is forced to trust that he won't be like her father (also a physician). All the while, Rand is trying to win Rachel's heart and help her with the ranch, all while trying to build a successful and prosperous practice. But in the process of building that practice he is forced to come to grips with the reason he was called into medicine. Was it for the rich who are now making their home in Timber Ridge, or was it for the poor ranchers and townspeople he encounters every day? As Rachel learns to trust Rand she is forced to reexamine some painful memories from her past.

All in all, the book was okay. I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was very practical that Rand could have done all that he did in the book. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Bethany House Book Publishers.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails