Saturday, October 6, 2007

Proof That My Husband Pilfers Writing Utensils


Okay, so some of you were there in Kenya to experience this, but for those of you who were not, you should know that Marc is addicted to taking writing utensils. I know, it sounds almost unreal, but the man will literally pick up anything that writes and stick it in his pocket. It is usually later found somewhere on a shelf in our house. However, in Kenya we had a different issue. Truett has these great green pens that Kristen Richardson brought to give as gifts to people we met in Kenya. As a side benefit, we could use them to write in our journals when we were at the guesthouse. Marc would grab one and use it and then absent-mindedly bring it back to our room without thinking. It is a habit you know! So on the final night in Kenya I was doing clean-up of our room and packing our things. I noticed a few pens, but I am pretty used to his habit, so I just put them in a pile to give back. By the end of my cleaning session I had not one...not two... not four...but eight pens! And you should know that I have seen his journal and it is only a few pages long! :) So for all of those who laughed in Kenya at my silly hubby, and for others who have heard the stories, the bandit struck again! This is what I found while cleaning today. :) I love that guy!


4 comments:

Sarah Gail said...

I laugh, but only because I do the same thing! Sometimes other people have great pens, so sometimes I don't do it accidentally. Geez, that sounds bad!

Anonymous said...

Hey now! Those came out of my backpack...

Marc

Kristen said...

i believe we all heard the ultimatum that "it's me or the pens, marc!"

Anonymous said...

I remember that! You came into our room like 8 times after you kept finding them in random spots around your room...and yes, I too remember the ultimatum. Good choice, Marc, good choice. ;)

J.B.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails