Friday, November 9, 2007

Pieces of the Puzzle

Do you ever get the feeling that God is trying to tell you something? I tend to get that feeling when I choose to be quiet and attentive and reflective; however lately that has not happened nearly as often as I would like. But sometimes even in the busyness I get a little tap on my shoulder--almost indistinguishable--that says, "Look over there. Don't you see more of My beautiful puzzle?" I think that in these moments it is God reminding me to enjoy the subtle puzzle pieces He is placing in my life. I do not quite know what the big picture on the box is, but I am trying to grab the pieces I do see and fit them together. I think the end result will be quite beautiful.

Interesting art
Finding unexpected connections to a stranger
Poetry that comes alive
The smell of a new baby's head
Hot coffee and great conversations
Freely sharing my faith
The love in my husband's eyes
The smell of an orange
The squishy-cool feel of wet sand under my toes
The soft purr of a warm kitty
The feeling of being exhausted but enlivened all at once
The unconditional love of a child
The innocent questions of a toddler
An unexpected phone call from an old and beloved friend

2 comments:

traci said...

Goodness I miss you... I wish I would have taken the time getting to know you even more when we lived in the SH... I hope you are doing well :)

Dianna said...

I want to feel squishy wet sand between my toes. Lucky.

It might snow by the time you get here. Saaad.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails