Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Book Review: Never Say Never


In Never Say Never, a book by Lisa Wingate, the heroine Kai Miller is trying desperately to escape the craziness of a Texas hurricane. In the process, she runs into some unlikely friends. Donetta Bradford and her elderly comrades are traveling from their small-town of Daily, Texas to Perdida, TX to leave on a cruise ship. When the hurricane puts their trip on hold and their lives in danger, their paths cross with Kai and they team up to beat Mother Nature. Their adventure, sometimes scary, sometimes heartwarming, leads them back to Daily where Kai is forced to stay temporarily until a safe route opens up to get her back to Perdida. In the meantime, Donetta Bradford's nephew begins keeping company with Kai and sparks fly.

I wasn't overly impressed with this book. It was okay, but once the flooding and fleeing was over, I started to lose interest. I also felt like the conclusion to the book was a bit rushed and seemed somewhat unlikely. I know, it is Christian fiction and unlikely is the name of the game, but I still prefer stories that seem plausible. All in all I give it 3 out of 5 stars. It was a good read, but I probably will never pick it up again.

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Bethany House Book Publishers.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails