Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm It!

I got tagged by Sarah, so I get to answer these fun questions. :)

1. What is your favorite season?
Ooh! :) Well, I would have to answer this for the two places I've lived, because the answers differ depending on where I'm living at the time. If I'm in Texas, my favorite season is late autumn when the leaves are finally turning and the air is crisp. I just love wearing sweaters! If I'm in South Dakota, I would say that early summer is my favorite time of year. It is perfectly warm during the day and beautifully cool at night. You get the best of the warm weather while still being able to sit around an outdoor fireplace at night.

2. Congrats! You've won TWO shopping sprees! $1,000 to Target and $1,000 to Home Depot. How will you use it?
I LOVE this question, Sarah! I would probably want to wait to cash these in until we know (or can tell you, hint, hint) more about where we will be when Marc graduates in December. Because I wouldn't want to beautify our house and then leave it! But, I would probably use some of the Home Depot money to get power tools. I want a table saw, a circular saw, a Drimmel and maybe a drill press. I don't know if I can even get all that for $1,000, but in my dream world I can. :)

The Target gift card would probably be spent on new bedding and accessories for the house as well as just using some of it to buy our everyday needs so we can relax a bit with the new baby coming. I would also use some of the Target money for a new wardrobe once I lose the baby weight. :)

3. You have to quickly leave your house (and not go back), and can only take 5 things with you (humans not included, but animals are). What would you take?
I'm unclear as to whether I need to grab my lovely humans, but as long as they are taken care of I would grab our wedding pictures, my meme (blanket from when I was a baby), my cell phone, our computer and my purse.

4. Perfect fall Saturday . . . stay around the house for football and projects or go spend the day out?
This one depends on the day. I am going to cheat and say that I would probably prefer to go out for a bit and then spend the majority of the day at home with projects and my hubby. I like getting out of the house for a little while each day.

5. Routine or spontaneity?
Spontaneity! But I feel like spontaneity is a spice in life and it can be exhausting if you use it all the time, so you have to use it wisely.

6. What is your favorite desert?
Pretty much anything with chocolate. But if I'm going out, my favorite is Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie at Chilli's. So. good.

7. Best moment of your life.
Marrying my husband and best friend. But I have a feeling I'll be making a new favorite memory later this week when I see our baby for the first time. :)

8. Where have you seen/experienced God this week?
This week has been really good for me. I've been forced to take a step back out of my normal routine and spend some time intentionally preparing for the huge life change that is coming next week. I think I've experienced God the most in watching the way my husband has stepped up to take care of me and things around the house since I am being forced to take it easy. It has been a blessing to watch him love on me and it reminds me of the way I need to let God love on me rather than trying to do everything myself. I also received a very timely book in the mail from a far-away friend and that blessed me more than she'll know. :)

Now I get to tag people! :) If you see your name and blog address below, answer these questions on your blog! And be sure to let me know so I can check out what you write!

1. What are five things in life you have not yet experienced that you definitely want to experience?
2. If you could be from anywhere in the world other than your hometown, where would you be from and why?
3. What scares you?
4. What is one vice that you know you could never give up?
5. What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
6. If you could do life all over again and only change one thing, what would you change?
7. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
8. What is your mission?

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails