Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book Review: To Love and To Cherish






In To Love and to Cherish, Kelly Irvin tells the story of Emma, a young woman who was jilted by her fiance 4 years earlier. She is still recovering from the loss of her love when he decided to leave the Amish community for the outside world. As she recovers, she finds solace and friendship in a local widower named Thomas. But just when things seem to be beginning to blossom with Thomas, Carl, her ex-fiance shows up once again. And he wants to win her back.

This story was positively delightful. I loved every minute of it and had trouble putting it down. Thomas was the perfect hero in the story: loving, caring, gentle and kind. Carl was maddening and Emma frustrated me at times. How can a woman have difficulty choosing when a hero like Thomas is in the picture?

This book has so many layers of storytelling: romance, grief, loss, hope, worldliness versus being set apart, and forgiveness. I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of Irvin's storytelling. I would definitely give this book a five out of five. I hope to read more from her soon!

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Harvest House Publishers. If you are a publisher interested in having me serve as a reviewer, please contact me through my blog: www.lifeundivided.blogspot.com

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails