Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book Review: An Amish Family Reunion



The book An Amish Family Reunion, by Mary Ellis is a delightful story of a young Amish girl named Phoebe Miller and a young Amish boy named Eli Riehl. The two young people meet on a rumschpringe trip to Niagra Falls and connect immediately. Phoebe is a sweet farm girl who loves to escape farm work to draw and illustrate the countryside in her drawing notebook. Eli is an avid storyteller who delights his friends with his daring tales. When Phoebe quitely starts illustrating as Eli is telling a story, their paths collide and they begin to think that if they work together they can both achieve their dreams of doing what they love and still making a living.

Together they decide to write a children's story. Eli will write, Phoebe will illustrate. They soon find that they aren't just writing a children's story, they are also writing their own love story. Soon, with the help of a local librarian they manage to find a publisher and their dreams start to take off. But when Eli's family is struck by tragedy, their dream has to sit on the back burner while Eli takes on more responsibility at home.

I don't want to ruin the sweet ending, so I'll leave it at that.

This was a delightful story. I enjoyed it very much. I would definitely recommend it to those who enjoy Christian fiction. I give it five out of five stars.

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Harvest House Publishers. If you are a publisher interested in having me serve as a reviewer, please contact me through my blog: www.lifeundivided.blogspot.com

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails