Thursday, May 10, 2012

Turkey Stuffing Casserole

Some of you may know that Huron has a large turkey plant in town. Because of this they recently opened a storefront to sell their products at majorly reduced costs. I would have to check with Marc but we got a HUGE bag of sliced turkey for 10 dollars. Crazy. And it is delicious! But...you can only eat so many turkey sandwiches before you start to go crazy. And since we don't have a deep freeze like every other self-respecting Midwesterner, we have to eat this stuff pretty fast (in fairness we did freeze half in our tiny freezer). So I am finding myself at my wits end trying to use this stuff creatinvely. At my mom's suggestion I came up with this recipe. Feel free to try it out with chicken or turkey of your own. And if you live in Huron you have GOT to pick up some turkey from the market!

4 cups sliced turkey broken up into shreds.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (16 oz) bag of frozen veggies (I used an asparagus blend with sugar snap peas, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower)
16 oz. of reduced sodium low-fat chicken broth
2 boxes of turkey stuffing mix (6 oz boxes)
2 cups gravy (turkey gravy works great, made from scratch or mix)

Mix together all the ingredients. I used a HUGE pyrex bowl and just put it straight in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Then add the prepared turkey gravy and bake for another 5 minutes or until hot throughout.

SO GOOD. Vera scarfed this down. She loved it. I don't even usually like stuffing that much, but this stuff is so delicious and not at all dry. Try it today and let me know what you think.

Sorry there are no pictures, I didn't even think of it until I tasted it and realized I had stumbled upon amazingness. ;)

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails