Sunday, May 13, 2012

Book Review: Spirit Wars



I was privileged to review Kris Vallotton's book Spirit Wars. It is a phenomenal book that explores the dynamic spiritual realm that we all live within, but often do not acknowledge. Kris shares a lot of his personal experiences with demons and spirits of fear and destruction. He tells personal stories about his struggles while maintaining a peacefulness in his writing rather than sensationalism. Many Christian authors can focus too much on the sensationalism of the evil one and this can be destructive to readers who are struggling with fear as it can increase their anxiety. Kris managed to tell his story while proclaiming always the sovereignty of God over his life and even those specific instances of demonic oppression.

I was profoundly interested in the book and found myself staying up WAY to late to read it. It made me much more aware of all that goes on in the spiritual realm right under our nose while we chalk things up to fate or chance or depressions, many times there are deep forces at work keeping us in bondage to the desires of the devil. But Kris presents the hope that can only be found through the blood of Christ. And he explains ways to put the devil back in his place.

It was so touching to read this book. There aren't enough words to say how much it has affected the way that I think about the world and my own struggles with sin and anxiety. I definitely recommend this book to any Christian who is struggling or has struggled with demonic oppression or knows someone who has (and if you are a Christian, you probably have struggled with this whether or not you realize it). This would be a great book to use as a bible study tool or for Christian counselors to suggest to their clients. This book deserves a five out of five! Thank you, Kris for proclaiming that God is sovereign and able to deliver us from the evil one!

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Bethany House Publishers. If you are a publisher interested in having me serve as a reviewer, please contact me through my blog: www.lifeundivided.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Tiffani P said...

I've read a number of spiritual warfare books that I really like, but haven't come across a new one in some time. I'll check it out! Thanks!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails