Wednesday, August 26, 2009

After and After - UPDATED!

Instead of titling this Before and After, I went with After and After. I forgot to take a before shot. But I think that is okay. I will just describe the way it used to look.

Imagine a black tray with a hideous orange and red and yellow floral design. Got it in your head? Make it look a little worse. Now, that is the before.

Here is the after.


It is now my message board in my office. The little magnets you see are old vintage buttons that I made into magnets by gluing the buttons to tiny magnets. They work great. It is a fun way to show off some of my favorite pictures from work (and from friends).

Just a little Tuesday Trash to Treasure for you...on a Wednesday!

UPDATE:
I should also mention that I used my favorite spray paint to paint this. See this post for more info. The hanger is just a simple satin ribbon glued on with Gorilla Glue. I love that stuff for gluing on things that don't show! It holds really well. However, you should know that a little goes a long way. It has a tendency to "grow" as it dries, so you will want to test it on projects where it won't show (like this project) before moving on to other crafty pursuits.

2 comments:

Locketts said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm inspired to go junking for my own message tray:) Thanks for sharing and being my craft muse!

Lilacs said...

Luv what U did & makes me feel good when I have visions like that knowing someone else does what I think:) Inspires me to do things instead of thinking about them. Also, the gorilla glue it great to use! Try the tape sometime. If you don't watch what U R doin, you can really get tangled & caught up in it too:) Again, thanks for sharing. Have a Great Weekend!!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails