Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beguiled: A Book Review



I recently read Beguiled, a book by Deanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand. It is a mystery/inspirational romance that follows the life of Rylee Monroe, a dogwalker. Yep, you read that right, she is a dogwalker. I was skeptical at first. I mean, what kind of book is so silly as to center around a dog walker, but once I got past my initial misgivings the book was really quite delightful.

Here is a brief synopsis. Rylee walks dogs in a ritzy neighborhood. Logan Woods is a local reporter. He mostly does crime reporting. He eventually crosses paths with Rylee when he is investigating some "Robin Hood" thefts in the ritzy part of town.

When it seems that all the thefts seem to be pointing directly to the lovely Rylee things start to heat up. You see, she works for most of the crime victims.

The rest of the book is a lot of sleuthing and gum shoeing. If you like a good mystery and you like a good romance, this might just be the perfect book for you. All in all I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars. But I'm not that into mystery.

Note for Full Disclosure: While I do not receive any monetary compensation for my book reviews, I am provided with free complimentary copies of each book. That being said, this review is completely my own, and free from the influence of Bethany House Book Publishers.

1 comment:

Tiffani P said...

hilarious that we are reading the same books lately. I liked both Beguiled and the Silent Governess. I recently sent for a bunch of other historical romances that I hope to read once this totally ridiculous quarter is over! :)

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails